Welcome!

This blog is intended for those who love to bake, desperate baker, and novice in baking. I hope that everything published in this site will be beneficial to all. Happy baking and enjoy eating bread.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Simple Introduction

I enjoyed eating bread/cake/pastry. I always eat pandesal or bonete in the morning, Monay for merienda and tasty/loaf bread in other times of the day. Basically, bread has been a way of life for me. I can safely say that as a Filipino, my staple food is not rice but bread. I can live the day just by eating bread. I bake and eat my own bread and it has been my reliable source of income ever since, other than being a Systems Administrator in one of the most reputable University in the province of Batangas, Philippines.

I am 38 years old now. It is only now that I realized that I was living my whole life together with flour, sugar, shortening, margarine, and all other ingredients for making bread. Now is the time of feeling fulfillment of what I have done not only for me, but for my fellow Filipinos. People come and go. Even bakeries come and go. But still, I am left here in the province of Batangas and still baking bread. Sometimes I feel exhausted and about to give up-but I didn't. I press on no matter what problems I encounter. There are times that my workers or bakers would decide leaving for higher compensation. Most of the time, workers come to me begging for job. After giving them a job and eventually when they learn the in and outs of baking, majority of them change. They act like they own the bakery. Sometimes, they will not report for work and comes back only if they feel like coming back. Whew! Me, sour graping? Hmmmmm.... Well enough of that.

Well, I decided to create this blog to share my experiences and expertise(pardon if I lift my own bench) in bread making. How? I will be posting bread/cakes/pastries recipe(a lot of them if not all) that are well loved by Filipinos and hopefully soon to be loved by the World. Hopefully, this blog would be helpful to those who will venture into this kind of business in the future. I will start posting my recipe in my next blog. If you like a specific recipe, please don't hesitate to put that in the comments section of this blog. Thanks everyone and happy baking...

No comments: